Join our brilliant, growing team!
Get in touch today for more information
Roar Software are always on the look out for talented developers, regardless of experience, to join our team. As one of our current developers says “It’s about ability and suitability rather than qualification or experience”.
Roar Software actively recruit academically talented people who have experience of or, more importantly, who are willing to learn about, a broad range of new and old technologies. The successful candidates will be flexible with a pragmatic attitude aligned with our “Agile” approach to software development.
Experience with some of the technologies below would be helpful to your application:
- Unix and use of command line interfaces
- SQL and general principles of database schema design
- Scripting languages such as Ruby, Python, PHP and Perl
- Object oriented development and design patterns such as Active Record
- Browser based application development and the Model-View-Controller design pattern
- Use of version control software such as subversion or git
Working for Roar Software offers many benefits including:
- A relaxed working environment in modern offices situated near Wigan and convenient for public transport
- Ample free parking on site
- Competitive salary
- Casual dress code
- Close relationship with an allocated mentor
- The ability to work on live projects, delivering real results from day one
- All of our developers enjoy spending Friday afternoons working on internal projects with the freedom to be creative and that may involve exploring new technologies and techniques.
As part of an ambitious, growing enterprise our employees relish the challenge of working across several different platforms, enjoying a real sense of achievement as they develop solutions for our clients. Here at Roar we nurture a collaborative working environment that enables our employees to continue to learn and develop personally. Apply in the first instance by sending your CV to: email@example.com
Selected applicants may then be invited to complete a coding exercise and attend a face-to-face interview.